Hello Women+ of First Strides!
As we approach the spring and summer season, your mentors and I want to let you know that we are thinking about you and are committed to finding a way to make First Strides Vermont happen this year. This will require some outside the box thinking and flexibility as circumstances change.
Our vision for First Strides 2021 includes some things that will remain the same:
- Timing. Meet Wednesdays at 5:45pm, planned May 5th through July 21st, 2021***in-person start date subject to change***
- Location. Meet in person with your group and mentor(s) at the Williston Rec Fields.* *Leaving open the possibility that we may opt to have more than one meeting location in order to better spread out.
- Program basics. The workout schedule and mission would remain consistent with past years.
- Good times walking and running together!
And some things that may look different:
- Smaller group gatherings. Most likely limiting contact to your pace group.
- Speaker portion of the night provided via video and/or handout, accessed virtually.
- Registration will open later than usual. Anticipated early April.
- A hybrid option for those needing to attend certain dates virtually due to COVID-related health concerns.
- Participants and mentors will need to follow all VDOH guidelines, which may include physical distancing, wearing masks and a weekly health screening check-in.
Our goal is to make our program accessible and safe, while keeping the fun supportive vibe going. We have been so impressed with your stories of staying committed to a healthy lifestyle over this past tough year. It is so important to us to do what we can to support you in your health and wellness goals going forward. We will be in touch in the next couple of weeks with more details about program details and registration. You are amazing!
Kasie & your Marvelous Mentors